Have you ever worked so hard at something for a period of time that you end up in a state where you can’t focus, you lose all inspiration and you’d rather just sit on the couch and do nothing?
If so, it’s likely you’ve experienced burnout before.
In this blog you’ll learn what burnout is, why it happens and steps to you can take avoid it.
What is Burnout?
Burnout is a state of emotional and physical exhaustion caused by a prolonged period of stress and frustration and is usually caused from the creation of unrealistic expectations of yourself and/or others.
If you’re burnt-out you’ll likely be feeling
Each of these lead to a lack of productivity and results which in the long term will just increase stress levels and dis-satisfaction with life. Doesn’t sound ideal, does it?
What to do if you’re burnt-out
If you’re feeling burnt out the best thing to do is to take a few days to look after yourself, allowing time to relax and reset, then create a new plan for yourself moving forward using the steps listed below so you can avoid burning out again.
Key tips to avoid burnout
- Know your values and their priority order (learn about this at Thrive Time®️)
- Make sure you’re doing what ties in with your highest values every day
- Create realistic time frames for your goals (based on your current skillset and knowledge)
- Stay hydrated
- Eat good quality, natural foods where possible
- Reduce sugar and highly processed or refined foods
- Get the right amount of sleep that you personally need each night
- Take time to learn and understand the values systems of those around you
- Take time to actively focus on your breathing daily
- Balance your emotions (learn how to do this at Thrive Time®️)
How many of these are you practicing already? Leave me a comment below and let me know!
“It’s your time to THRIVE”.